Caramel Bread Pudding an absolutely delicious and easy pudding which you can make really quickly. It is one of the best dessert you can make with bread. This is a great recipe to make use of leftover bread. And trust me – you won’t taste any bread in this.
This easy to make Caramel Bread Pudding is the perfect dessert you’re looking for. I decided to give it a try and it was a total success. My kids loved it so much and finished this entire portion all by themselves. You must try it. Go ahead and impress your family and guests!
This recipe doesn’t require an oven. It is steam cooked in a pressure cooker and hence is much faster and easier to make. I already have the recipe for a regular caramel custard that I had shared earlier in which I have shown how you can steam bake these.
Caramel Bread PuddingCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Caramel Bread Pudding, a perfect try for those dessert cravings.
For sugar caramel
Sugar – 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
Water – 3 tbsp
For bread pudding
Milk – 1.5 cups
Sugar – 4 tbsp
Condensed Milk – 2 tbsp
Eggs – 2
Bread slices – 3, cut into cubes, without edges
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Nutmeg Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Heat a pan and add the sugar to it.
- Caramelize the sugar to a golden brown color, add the water and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and keep it aside.
- Grease an 8-inch pan or a couple of ramekins with some butter/ghee.
- Add the sugar caramel to it and spread it well at the bottom.
- Add all the ingredients together in a blender and blend well.
- Pour this into the greased pan and cover it with a lid or an aluminium foil.
- In a pressure cook, add some water at the bottom and place a stand.
- Keep the tin with the pudding mix on the stand and close the pressure cook.
- Pressure cook this for 2 whistles and keep it on sim for 5-7 min and turn off the heat.
- Let the pressure release naturally and then remove the pudding tin from the cooker and let it cool down completely. Invert it onto a plate and serve.