When mangoes are in season, I keep looking for different recipes that I can make using the King of Fruits! And me being me, I try to look at simple and quick to make dishes. Mango desserts are definitely a hot favourite in the family during summers..
Mango Shrikhand is a no cook dessert that is really easy to put together. In fact, this is a perfect recipe for you to engage your kids in if they like helping you out in the kitchen. If mangoes are not in season, you can always use the tinned mango puree to make this and skip the addition of fresh mango pieces.
Mango ShrikhandCourse: Sweets/Desserts (Eggless)Cuisine: IndianDifficulty: Very Easy
An easy to make and no-cook dessert using mangoes!
Hung Curd – 1 cup
Castor Sugar – ¼ cup + 2 tbsp (adjust as per sweetness of mangoes)
Mango Puree – ½ cup
Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
Mango – ½ cup, chopped small
Saffron – 6-7 strands
Warm Milk – 1 tbsp
- Add the saffron strands to the warm milk and keep it aside.
- Into the hung curd, add the sugar and whisk it well till smooth.
- To this, add the mango puree and cardamom powder and again whisk well.
- Next, add the chopped mango pieces and saffron milk and mix well.
- Pour into serving bowls and keep it chilled till ready to serve.