I first had baked yogurt at my sister’s place and took an instant liking to it. And when I asked her for the recipe, figured it was a very quick and easy one to make too. And since then, this dessert has made it’s appearance at multiple get-togethers I have had at home. Sometimes with a fresh fruit topping, sometimes with a fruit compote and sometimes just plain with some dry fruits. And every time, it has been been much appreciated by all who have had it.
Few things to keep in mind
- Yogurt: Try to use the thick part of the yogurt, discarding the liquid. This will make the final dessert much creamier.
- Flavouring: I have flavoured this with vanilla essence so that I have different options for the topping. However, you can make changes to the flavour by adding a different essence too.
- Baking: This dessert is baked in a hot water bath in the oven. However, you can also steam it on stove top.
- Mixing: Use a hand held whisk to mix together all the ingredients. There is no need to use a beater for this.
- Thick Yoghurt – 1 cup (250 ml)
- Condensed milk – 2/3rd cup (200 gms)
- Fresh Cream – 3/4th cup + 1 tbsp (200 gms)
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Hot water – for using as water bath for baking
- Fresh Fruits or any fruit compote for topping
Step by Step Process
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- In a clean bowl, add the yogurt, condensed milk, fresh cream and vanilla essence and whisk till well combined.
- Pour this mixture equally into 6 or 8 ramekins or into a single baking dish.
- Take a baking tray and place the ramekins / baking dish with the yogurt mix into it. Fill the baking tray with hot water. Cover the ramekins/baking dish with an aluminium foil and place it in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15 min (for ramekins) or longer (if using baking dish, about 45 min) till the sides are done, but the centre is still a little jiggly. A knife inserted comes out without any liquid on it.
- Once done, remove it from the oven and let it cool. Refrigerate it till ready to serve. Before serving, the baked yogurt can be topped with fresh fruits or any fruit compote of your choice.
- Alternatively, this baked yogurt can also be steamed in a cooker (without the whistle) and prepared.
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!