Brownies are a welcome treat for all chocolate lovers. But they may not be healthiest sweets available to you. How about making these really healthy brownies with no added refined flour, no added refined sugar and containing enough fibre from the oats and healthy fats and proteins from almonds? Interested??
These brownies have a base of oats and almonds and instead of sugar, we are using jaggery. You can use oats flour and almond flour, if those are available to you, but the recipe I have shown uses whole oats and whole almonds – which is the easiest way to prepare these brownies. Now, if you have time to deskin your almonds, then please go ahead and do that. With the skin, it does give a more fibrous texture when you bite into these, which you can avoid if you deskin. But yes, if you want to retain all the nutrients from almonds, then just follow this recipe as-is.
These oats brownies are a good in-between snack option and even to pack in the snack box of your little ones. You can all have this guilt-free and enjoy!
Healthy Oats BrowniesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Healthy Brownies made using oats and almonds!
Instant Oats – 1/2 cup
Almonds – 1/4 cup, roughly chopped
Cocoa Powder – 1/4 cup
Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Eggs – 2
Oil – 1/2 cup
Jaggery Powder – 1/2 cup
Melted Dark Chocolate – 3/4 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Milk – 1-2 tbsp, if needed
Dark Chocolate Chips – 1/4 cup
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper and keep it aside. Preheat the oven at 180C for 10-15 min.
- Into your mixie jar, add the oats and almonds and powder it to a fine texture. To this, add the cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and grind again so that everything is well combined.
- Whisk the eggs together in a bowl. Add oil to this and whisk well. Next goes in the jaggery powder, melted dark chocolate and vanilla essence. Whisk this all again.
- To this, add the oats flour mix, mixed with the chocolate chips, and fold in. Add milk if needed, in case the texture of batter is very thick.
- Add the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake this at 180 degrees for 15-18 min till a skewer inserted comes out with some crumbs sticking to it.
- Let the brownie cool down completely before you unmould and slice it.