Pancakes and crepes are my kids’ favourite breakfast option. And we keep experimenting with different flavours too. Sometimes, when I do not want to serve them pancakes in the usual way, these pancake bombs is my go-to recipe. I add different fillings in these to create little surprises for them.
You can use the same pancake batter that you use for your regular pancakes for this recipe too. These are made in a special pan called Appe Pan to get these small ball shapes. The filling for these can be as per your choice and what your kids like. I like adding pieces of chocolate, some nutella, jam or marmalade, fresh fruits and sometimes even some M&Ms or gems.
These pancake bombs are a great snack to serve for kids’ parties too. Little ones will love getting surprises as they bite into them. If you are looking for other pancake recipes, do check out my regular Pancake recipe, Strawberry Pancake Cereal, Lemon and Chia Seeds Oats Pancake, Eggless Chocolate Pancake or the Eggless Dora Cakes. I also have savoury pancake recipes like the regular Vegetable Pancake or a healthier Whole Wheat Vegetable Pancake.
Pancake BombsCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Serve pancakes with a difference now and make it more interesting for your little ones!
Egg – 1
Milk – 1 cup
Castor Sugar – 3 tbsp
Melted Butter – 3 tbsp
Vanilla essence – 1½ tsp
All Purpose Flour – 1½ cup
Salt – a pinch
Baking Powder – 2 tsp
Butter for cooking
- For the filling
Chocolate pieces, Jam or Nuts and Berries
- Beat the egg in a bowl lightly till the yolk and white is broken and well combined. Add the milk, sugar, butter and vanilla essence and combine well.
- Mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Slowly whisk in the flour till a thick consistency is reached. The quantity of flour required might vary a little. So, add little by little till the desired thick consistency is reached.
- Heat an appe pan and add some butter in all cavities.
- Pour a spoon of pancake batter into each cavity, press a piece of chocolate or add some jam or berries and nuts in the centre of each and top it up with some more batter.
- Let it cook on the bottom side before flipping it over and cooking the top too.
- Remove onto a serving plate and serve hot.