Tiramisu has been on my list of recipes to try out for a very long time. I love a good Tiramisu and can easily go for a second helping. Since I had some biscoff spread and biscoff biscuits with me, thought of giving the classic tiramisu a twist with the biscoff flavours. The caramelized flavour from biscoff, I felt, will complement the coffee flavour in the tiramisu.
This Biscoff Tiramisu is certainly very easy to make. And since we are using digestive biscuits instead of lady fingers, there is no cooking or baking needed for this recipe. The only sad part I would say is that Biscoff spread as well as the Biscoff biscuits are not cheap in India. So yes, this is that once-in-a-while dessert that I would love to make on special occasions and indulge in.
With Christmas and New Year round the corner, if you are wanting to make something different for your dessert table, then this is a recipe you should definitely try out.
Biscoff TiramisuCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
An easy to make dessert which will certainly impress everyone.
- For the filling
Biscoff Spread – 2 tbsp
Cream Cheese or Mascarpone Cheese – 150 gms
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
Castor Sugar – 1/4 cup (increase quantity if using unsweetened whipped cream)
Whipped Cream – 1 cup
- For the coffee soak
Water – 1/4 cup
Coffee powder – 1 tbsp
- Other ingredients
Biscoff Biscuits – 15-18
Cocoa Powder for sprinkling on top
- In a bowl, add biscoff spread, cream cheese or mascarpone cheese, vanilla essence and sugar and whip it on low speed using a beater. Make sure the biscoff spread and cream cheese or mascarpone cheese is at room temperature.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream to this and keep it aside.
- Mix together water and coffee powder.
- Dip the biscoff biscuits one by one in the coffee and layer it at the bottom of an 18×12 cms rectangular dish.
- Spread half of the cream cheese mix on top of this and level it. Repeat the process with another layer of soaked biscuits and cream cheese.
- The final layer of cream cheese can be piped as well instead of spreading it.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder on top and refrigerate for a couple of hours till set well.