This Easy Homemade Mac and Cheese Recipe is made in 15 minutes. Time to ditch the boxed mac and cheese for this irresistibly creamy, smooth & cheesy homemade recipe! This Mac and Cheese Recipe is delicious and will leave you licking your fingers.
Macaroni and cheese is known as a classic quick meal for kids. However, this is not the powdered cheese version you will find at the store. Instead, this recipe includes a homemade savory sauce that will make this dish popular with the whole family.
For a weeknight meal, you can pre-prep this recipe and keep it refrigerated. And before dinner, just pop it into your oven and bake it to enjoy an irresistibly yummy Mac ‘n Cheese
Mac and CheeseCourse: MainCuisine: United statesDifficulty: Easy
A classic, quick, creamy and delicious Mac and Cheese recipe for your entire family!
Macaroni – 100 gms
Butter – 1 tbsp
Garlic – 3-4 cloves, crushed
Flour – 1 tbsp
Milk – 1 cup
Mozarella Cheese – 6 tbsp, grated
Cheddar Cheese – 6 tbsp, grated
Cream Cheese – ½ cup
Salt and Pepper as per taste
Red Chilli Flakes – ½-1 tsp
- Preheat oven at 180C for 15 min.
- Boil macaroni in water till cooked to al dente. Drain the water and toss it in a little oil to prevent it from sticking and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the mozzarella and cheddar cheese and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the butter and into this add the garlic and cook till it starts changing color. To this, add the flour and cook for a couple of minutes. To this, slowly add the milk and keep whisking to avoid any lumps. Let the milk for a couple of minutes till it thickens. Reduce the heat to the minimum and add about ¾th quantity of the cheese mix along with the cream cheese to the milk and mix well till it is melted.
- Add salt, pepper and chilli flakes to this and mix. To this cheese sauce, add the cooked macaroni and mix well.
- Transfer this to an oven safe dish. Sprinkle the remaining mixed grated cheese on top and bake at 180C till the cheese on top melts and starts bubbling.
- Serve hot.