Cheesy Corn Balls make for a great starter as well as an evening snack. When served hot, the cheese filling in the centre will be really soft and gooey and depending on the cheese used, you will either have a molten cheese centre or a center which keeps stretching!
These Cheese Corn Balls just like the restaurant type cheese balls which have a melted cheesy texture, delicious taste. These are quick and easy to prepare. You can prepare these ahead in time and keep them refrigerated. And when you are ready to serve them, deep fry or air fry them and serve hot.
And if you have kids around, do make some extra. These never seem enough…;)
Cheesy Corn BallsCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
This cheese-based snack recipe is known for its gooey cheese burst. Cheese balls are an ideal snack recipe for kids and adults alike.
Boiled Potato – 1 medium, mashed
Boiled Sweet Corn Kernels – ½ cup
Grated Cheese (processed/mozzarella/cheddar) – ½ cup
Salt and Pepper as per taste
Onion – 1 small, chopped fine
Green Chilli – 1 small, chopped fine
Ginger – ½ inch piece, chopped fine
Coriander Leaves – a few, finely chopped
Bread Crumbs – 2-3 tbsp
Mozarella Cheese Cubes for stuffing – 8 small pieces
Oil for Frying
- For Crumb Coating
Flour – 2 tbsp
Cornflour – 2 tbsp
Bread Crumbs – ¼-½ cup
- For Slurry
Flour – ¼ cup
Salt as per taste
Water – enough to make a thick slurry
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into small cubes and keep it refrigerated and cold.
- In a bowl, add the mashed potatoes, sweet corn, grated cheese, salt, pepper, onion, green chilli, ginger and coriander leaves and mix well. Add bread crumbs little by little till it all binds together well. Divide this mix into 8 parts. Roll each into small balls.
- In each ball, place a cube of mozzarella cheese in the centre and roll it into a tight ball.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour and cornflour.
- In another bowl, add the bread crumbs and keep it aside. In a third bowl, add the flour, salt and just enough water to make it into a thick slurry. Coat the potato corn ball in the flour mix first. Then dip it in the slurry and coat it well.
- Finally, coat it well in breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a kadai and once hot, add the crumb coated balls in it one by one and fry it till golden brown.
- Serve hot with some mint chutney and tomato ketchup.