Give your classic chicken dinner a makeover with a creamy sauce, apples and mushrooms. Chicken thigh pieces dressed up with a creamy, sweet and savory sauce is surely gonna be a show stopper at your dinner table!
This dish pairs well with just some toasted bread or even with a butter rice. Though I have used full thigh pieces for this recipe, you can make these with smaller pieces as well. But I would highly recommend using the bone-in pieces as they turn out to be much more juicier than the boneless pieces.
If you are expecting some guests, you can prepare this dish earlier and at the time of serving, add the cream along with the mushrooms and apples and let it simmer for 5 min. And you have a hot and delicious dish on the table!
Creamy Chicken With Apples and MushroomsCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This was a good way to use up the extra apples you have. The apples taste nice with the chicken.
Butter – 3-4 tbsp
Mushrooms – 200 gms, quartered
Onion – 1 medium size, sliced
Salt and Pepper as per taste
Apple (Red or Green) – 1, cut into wedges
Chicken Thigh Pieces – 2, with bone (450-500 gms)
Chicken Broth – ½ cup
Thyme – 1 tsp
Fresh Cream – ¼-½ cup
Thyme for garnish
- Score the chicken pieces on both sides with a few cuts and keep them aside.
- In a skillet, melt about 1 tbsp of the butter and add the mushrooms to it. Add salt and pepper and saute on high flame.
- Once mushrooms start changing color, add the onions and saute till the onions and mushrooms are golden brown in color. Take this off heat and transfer it to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add another tbsp of butter and add the apple wedges.
- Cook the apple pieces till they turn a nice golden-brown color on either side. Transfer this to another plate.
- Into the skillet add the remaining butter. Add some salt and pepper into the butter and mix.
- Add the chicken pieces to this and sear on high flame.
- Once the chicken is seared on both sides, add the chicken broth along with thyme and let is all come together to a boil. Cover and cook for 5-7 min.
- Take off the lid and add the onion and mushrooms to this along with the fresh cream. Add the apple pieces and let it all simmer together for 5 min.
- Serve hot. Garnish with some more thyme when serving.