Make the perfect chikki that’s crunchy, delicious and truly addictive!! Peanut and jaggery sweet snack confectionery is nutrient dense, healthy and free of refined sugar. With this recipe, make peanut chikki that doesn’t get sticky or turn stringy but turns out perfectly crunchy.
Watch the recipe video to learn how to get that perfect peanut chikki which is crunchy and doesn’t become sticky. The trick is to cook the jaggery to the right consistency!
Peanut ChikkiCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Chikki is a traditional Indian sweet candy like brittle made with jaggery.
Peanuts – 1 cup
Jaggery – 3/4 cup (Powdered/Grated)
Water – 1.5 tbsp
- Roast the peanuts on low to medium flame till they are aromatic and skin starts splitting.
- Remove it from heat and once it cools down, remove the skin by rubbing the peanuts.
- In a pan, add the jaggery and water and let it cook together on low flame.
- Boil the syrup till it reaches a hard boil stage.
- If u drop a little of the syrup in water, and break it, it will snap and not be stringy.
- At this stage, turn off the heat and add the roasted peanuts to the jaggery syrup and mix well.
- Either grease a plate with some ghee.
- And transfer the peanut mix onto it.
- Or transfer it to a parchment paper.
- Place another paper on top of it and roll it with a rolling pin to flatten.
- Cut into desired shape and let it cool down completely.
- Store in an airtight container.