A Tuna Salad is a really easy salad to put together. Since it uses canned tuna, there is really no cooking required for this. The dressing for a tuna salad is usually mayonnaise. But what I am sharing with you is a recipe which skips the mayonnaise all together, but really replicates that taste, so you will not miss the mayo!
This healthy tuna salad recipe made with no mayo is just full of flavor. You can add some fresh vegetables as per your choice. I like the crunch from the onions and the freshness from the cucumbers in this salad. You can serve it as a filling in a sandwich or in a lettuce wrap for a great hearty and healthy lunch.
No Mayonnaise Healthy Tuna SaladCourse: MainCuisine: JapaneseDifficulty: Easy
This no mayo tuna salad is the perfect option – healthy protein to keep us full.
Tune (in brine) – 1 can (150/180 gms)
Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
Cucumber – 1 small piece, chopped
Olives – a few pieces, chopped
Lettuce Leaves – a few
Bread or Baguette for serving
Red Chilli Flakes for sprinkling
- For dressing
Greek Yoghurt – ¼ cup
Lemon Juice – 1-1.5 tsp
Yellow/Dijon/English Mustard – 1 tsp
Honey – 2 tsp
Salt and Pepper – as per taste
- Drain the tuna and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the Greek yoghurt, lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
- Into this, add the drained tuna, onion, cucumber, a few lettuce leaves chopped leaves and olives and mix well.
- Toast a few slices of bread/baguette on a pan.
- Place a lettuce leaf on the bread and add some tuna salad on top, sprinkle with some red chilli flakes and serve.