I generally love salads in any form. When eating out, I like to experiment with the different salads available in the menu too. That also gives me ideas on what I can try and recreate at home too. When me and Parina were discussing the plan for recipe for Jan 2021, salads had to feature in our list. Since we are doing a series on healthy and balanced eating habits, we had to have some salad recipes too. Hope you have already got a chance to check out the Watermelon, Cucumber and Feta Salad recipe that I had shared earlier. If you are looking a non-vegetarian salad recipe, then what I am sharing with you today should definitely be interesting.
This avocado chicken salad has all the good fats and is high on protein. It is quite low on carbohydrates too. You can always pair this with a slice or two of multi-grain toast to make it a perfectly balanced meal!
Parina is certified in Personal Training from National Academy of Sports Medicine. With the the motto ‘Give More. Get More’, she designed NEIKI, her fitness program, wherein she strives to reduce injury risk and prepare our bodies to bear the impact they need to. On this excursion, her endeavour is to help people stand upright – physically and mentally.
It is not just recipes that Parina is sharing with us – it is a lot of other information too. Head over to my YouTube channel to see all that we discuss around food and nutrition! Cheers to a balanced and healthy start to 2021..:)
Avocado Chicken SaladCourse: SaladsDifficulty: Easy
A healthy and protein rich creamy salad recipe!
Chicken Breast – 125 gms
Avocado – 70 gms
Greek Yoghurt – 50 gms
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
Salt – as per taste
Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
Red Chilli Powder – ¼ tsp
Shallot – 1, sliced
Lettuce – handful
Coconut Oil – 2 gms
Chilli Flakes – for garnish
Cranberry – for garnish
Step by Step Process
- Rub the chicken with some salt and pepper and cook this in the coconut oil. Once cooked, shred the chicken using a fork. Alternatively, you can cook the chicken with some salt and pepper with a little water and once cooked, shred it.
- In a bowl, mix together the Greek yoghurt, lime juice, salt, pepper and red chilli powder to make the salad dressing.
- Add half the avocado to the dressing mix it well.
- Add the shredded chicken, remaining avocado slices and shallot to the dressing and mix well.
- Serve this on a bed of lettuce.
- Garnish with cranberry and chilli flakes.
- Chicken: You can either cook the chicken in a little coconut oil and then shred it. Or if you prefer to leave the oil out, then cook it in a little water and then shred it for the salad.