When we decide to follow a certain diet or focus on eating healthy, one of the main issues we face is the intermediate snacking. I always feel that I crave more for those short eats when I try to be more conscious of eating healthy.
This recipe of a peanut butter banana smoothie is great to have in between the day to keep yourself going till the next meal. It also makes an awesome breakfast. I use my homemade peanut butter for this recipe, which makes sure that there are no unnecessary additives. I also skip the sweetener in this recipe to make it a better choice. I also like slicing and freezing bananas once they ripen if nobody is interested in eating them at home. That ways, whenever I have to make this smoothie, I can just use the frozen bananas directly.
This recipe is shared by Parina, who is a strength and conditioning coach and founder of Neiki.in.
Parina is certified in Personal Training from National Academy of Sports Medicine. With the the motto ‘Give More. Get More’, she designed NEIKI, her fitness program, wherein she strives to reduce injury risk and prepare our bodies to bear the impact they need to. On this excursion, her endeavour is to help people stand upright – physically and mentally.
It is not just recipes that Parina is sharing with us – it is a lot of other information too. Head over to my YouTube channel to see all that we discuss around food and nutrition! Cheers to a balanced and healthy start to 2021..:)
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie BowlCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Very Easy
A healthy in-between snack or a great breakfast option!
Banana – 150-160 gms (about 2 bananas)
Greek Yoghurt – 120 gms
Milk – 200 ml
Peanut Butter – 20 gms
Chia Seeds – 3 tbsp
Honey – 10 gms
Roasted Unsalted Peanuts for Garnish – 10 gms
Step by Step Process
- Chop the bananas into a few pieces and add it to the blender jar.
- Add the yoghurt, milk, peanut butter, chia seeds and honey and blend everything well.
- In case the consistency is thick, the quantity of Greek yoghurt can be increased.
- Garnish with some unsalted peanuts and serve.
- Bananas: You can use frozen bananas for this smoothie. It gives a great texture too. I personally like slicing bananas and freezing them when I see that it could rot soon.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories336
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 54g 108%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.