When we talk about diets and healthy food, one category that is often avoided is sweets. Sweets and desserts are often categorised as junk and unhealthy. But if you have a sweet tooth like me and crave for something sweet to eat after a meal or just to boost your energy during the day, then some guilt-free desserts are sure to make you happy!
This fresh fruit tart is a little different from the traditional tarts. It’s loaded with nutrients and is quite fuss-free to make. Best part is that it’s gluten-free too. When Parina shared this recipe with me, I was really excited to try it out. What I liked best about this was that it was really easy to put together.
Parina is certified in Personal Training from National Academy of Sports Medicine. With the the motto ‘Give More. Get More’, she designed NEIKI, her fitness program, wherein she strives to reduce injury risk and prepare our bodies to bear the impact they need to. On this excursion, her endeavour is to help people stand upright – physically and mentally.
It is not just recipes that Parina is sharing with us – it is a lot of other information too. Head over to my YouTube channel to see all that we discuss around food and nutrition! Cheers to a balanced and healthy start to 2021..:)
Gluten Free Fresh Fruit TartCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
A delicious and healthy treat for those with a sweet tooth!
- For the tart base
Cashews – 1/2 cup (80 gms)
Oats Flour – 1/3 cup + 15 gms (55 gms)
Salt – a pinch
Milk – ½ tbsp
Vanilla Essence – ¼ tbsp
Honey / Maple Syrup – 1 tsp (10 gms)
- For the topping
Greek Yoghurt – ¾ cup (200 gms)
Honey – ½ tsp (adjust as per sweetness needed)
Chopped Pineapple bits – a few pieces
Strawberry – 4-5, sliced
Kiwi – 1 small, sliced
Orange – a few pieces, sliced
Pomegranate – 1 tbsp
Step by Step Process
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Grind the cashews in a food processor into a coarse powder.
- Add the oats flour and salt to this and mix well.
- To this, add the milk, vanilla essence and honey/maple syrup and mix well to a dough consistency.
- Spread this mixture evenly in a tray or tart tin (lined with parchment paper) like a pizza base.
- Bake this at 170C for 10 – 15 min till the edges brown a little and the top looks dry.
- Once done, remove it from the oven and let it cool down.
- While the tart base is baking and cooling down, prepare the toppings.
- Mix together the Greek yoghurt and honey together and keep it aside.
- Slice the fruits and keep it aside as well.
- Once the tart cools down, spread the Greek yoghurt mix on top and layer the fruits evenly on top.
- Refrigerate the tart and cut it once it sets properly.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories229
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 38g 76%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.