Chocolate, Vanilla, Caramel and Butterscotch – these are some of the sauces I always like to store and keep refrigerated for later use. It just makes things easy when you have to serve a dessert and looking for a sauce to go along with it. This caramel sauce is a great accompaniment with ice creams, cakes, puddings and cheesecakes. And you can always prepare it ahead and store it.
Caramel SauceCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Make this caramel sauce ahead in time and keep it refrigerated to use on ice-creams, cheesecakes, tarts and puddings!
Sugar – 1 cup
Butter – 100 gms, cut into cubes (at room temperature)
Cream – 1/2 cup
- Heat the sugar over medium heat till it’s fully melted.
- When it starts boiling, add the butter. In case the butter separates or the sugar forms lumps, remove it from heat and whisk rapidly till it comes together again.
- Heat the cream in a microwave to make it warm and add it to the caramel slowly and mix it well.
- Let it boil for a few minutes and take it off heat.
- Let it cool completely before storing it in an airtight container.
[…] fruity flavours. The recipe I am sharing is of mini cheesecake, which are topped with a delicious Caramel Sauce. You can bake these in cupcake liners in a muffin tin. Alternatively, if you prefer a single large […]
[…] eaten as-is. But then if you prefer to make it fancier for your kids, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, caramel sauce or butterscotch sauce wouldn’t […]