Fall and winter time calls for something spicy and sweet! And what better way to dress up your dessert than with a sauce. When it’s the festival and holiday season, it just seems right to lift up the mood with some dessert. And this spiced orange sauce is just perfect to go with a pudding or a cake. The flavour of spices infused in the sauce just makes it feel to so warm and welcoming!
Pair this orange sauce with a pudding or a cake!
- Butter – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/2-3/4 cup (adjust as per sweetness of oranges)
- Orange Juice – 1 cup (from 3 oranges)
- Orange Rind – 1 tsp (from 1/2 orange)
- Star Anise – 2, crushed coarsely
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch piece, crushed coarsely
- Cloves – 4-5, crushed coarsely
- Cornstarch – 1 tbsp (dissolve in a little water)
Step by Step Process
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and orange juice to it along with the crushed spices. Keep mixing and let it simmer for a few minutes covered to infuse the flavour of the spices.
- Add the cornstarch mixed with a little water to the sauce along with the orange rind and let it come to a boil and thicken a little.
- The sauce should have a pouring consistency.
- This spiced orange sauce pairs well with bread pudding.