If I am asked to order Chinese food in a restaurant, then Chicken Fried Rice will definitely be there in the list…:) It might be the same with many of you who eat non-vegetarian food. So this recipe of Chicken Fried Rice that I am sharing with you will give you very similar results like what you have in a restaurant. And the best part is that it pretty easy and quick to make as well. If you have some leftover rice, then this is a perfect recipe for that. And the fact that it isn’t very spicy makes it all the more interesting for kids too!
Few things to keep in mind
- Prepare before hand: Make sure all your veggies and your chicken is cut before you start the cooking process. The entire cooking for this fried rice doesn’t take too much of time. So having everything chopped and ready makes life a lot easier!
- High heat: The vegetables used in any Indo-Chinese dish are not cooked thoroughly. They are sauted on a high heat so that they are cooked enough and at the same time maintain their crunchiness.
- Rice: A day old rice works best for fried rice. However, if you do not have left over rice, cook rice your usual way. Spread it on a plate and let it cool really well before you add it to the pan. This will reduce the chance of ending up with the rice sticking together in the fried rice!
- Cooked Rice – 3 cups
- Boneless Chicken – 200 gms, cut into small pieces
- Egg – 1
- Garllc – 2-3, chopped fine
- Spring Onions – a handful
- Carrots – ¼ cup, cup into small cubes
- Peas – ¼ cup, boiled with a little salt and drained
- Soya Sauce – 2 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli Sauce – 1 tsp
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Cooking Oil
Step by Step Process
- In a small bowl, beat an egg lighty. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- In a kadai or a wok, add a little oil and add the egg to it. Scramble it to medium size pieces and once done, remove it to a plate and keep it separately.
- In the same kadai, add a little more oil and add the garlic to it. Fry till fragrant and it just starts changing its color. Add the spring onion whites to this and saute for another half a minute.
- Add the chicken pieces along with a little seasoning of salt and pepper and saute on high flame for half a minute. Then cover the kadai and leave it for about 5 min on low heat till the chicken is cooked.
- If there is excess water released while cooking the chicken, increase the heat and let the water reduce to a just enough to keep the chicken moist.
- At this stage, add the carrots and saute on high flame till the carrots are almost cooked, yet crunchy.
- Add the boiled peas to the kadai and saute everything together for another half a minute.
- Next, add the vinegar, soya sauce and green chilli sauce and stir well.
- Add the cooked rice in parts and stir it together till well combined.
- To this, add the scrambled eggs and stir thoroughly.
- Check for salt, and season will some salt and pepper, if needed.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot.
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!